Mary S Ryh

| map-marker Rocky Point, New York

Your ads on TV

I recently saw an ad that had testimonials from customers who lambasted their experiences with the IRS. I realize you are trying to sell your service, but in today's atmosphere, with even members of Congress presenting the picture of IRS agents coming to small businesses with loaded assault weapons, your choice of comments just adds fuel to the fire. There must be some other way to attract customers than to have reports of the worst experiences with officers from a government agency.

Preferred solution: nothing

User's recommendation: no comment against the performance of the company

Henry C Nce
map-marker Miami, Florida

Complain

They have made the situation worst. Now i have agreed to a settlement and my pay check are being garnished.

Im paying $1000 a month plus all my paycheck. Theyve left me in ruin.

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Move on. Don’t use this company. Better off dealing with a tax professional.

MS12345

FRAUDULENT COMPANY OPTIMA TAX RELIEF

OPTIMA TAX RELIEF CHARGED CLOSE TO 10,000 DOLLARS AND PROVIDED ME AN UNLICENSED BOOK KEEPER WHO CLAIMED TO BE A TAX PROFESSIONAL TO RESOLVE MY TAX MATTERS. THE COMPANY IS FRAUDULENT, WILL NOT RETURN MONEY BACK.

THE CASE MANAGER/FRAUDULENT TAX PREPARER WAS NOT LICENSED. OPTIMA WOULD NOT RETURN MY CALLS OR RESPOND TO ANY REQUESTS TO GET A LEGITIMATE PROFESSIONAL.

THEY HAVE AN AMAZING SOUNDING SALES ASSOCIATE WHO WILL OVERPROMISE BUT THEN THE REAL SERVICES WOULD NEVER BE PROVIDED AS PROMISED. BEWARE THIS COMPANY.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Played games
  • Misrepresented services
  • Took 7500 bucks and negotiated nothing with the irs

User's recommendation: DO NOT FALL FOR THIS TRAP

Mav S
map-marker Washington, District Of Columbia

False statements and fraudulent business practices by Optima

After months of complaining about lack of proper tax services (given an unlicensed tax professional) and Optima Eating close to 6000 dollars of my funds while going incommunicado or delivering on any of my requests, optima promises to pay me back fully and then backtracked and offered me a petty amount of 900 dollars after promising in good faith on a recorded line they would pay be back for doing zero support. I felt like I was in a corrupt country dealing with a corrupt company m with no rule of law when I dealt with Optima.

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Avoid optima tax relief at all costs

Guest

Agree completely!!!! NATIONAL SCAM COMPANY with HQ in corrupt Calif. stole $11000 from me with NO COMPROMISE REFUNDS !!!!

map-marker Upper Marlboro, Maryland

BAIT AND SWITCH COMPANY, STOLE 6000 USD

No tax relief given. Company does not have licensed tax professionals. Hired a bunch of scam artists to extract money and do nothing in return.

Guest

agree completely!!! The slick talker Hispanic telemarketer /HOOK MARKETER and the ENTIRE STAFF including so-called TOP LEVEL EXECS are simply scam artists !!!!

Optima spends a small fortune on TALK RADIO ADS to lure busy Entrepreneurs into their scams TRADING on the celebrity of well-known POLITICAL COMMENTATORS!!! OptimA STOLE $11000 from me . ADVISE YOU TO FILE COMPLAINTS WITH ATTY. GENERAL OF CA.

and Ca.

Bar Assoc. since CEO is a so-called attorney

Mary k Vue

Verified Reviewer

I do not feel like I received what they advertised.

I called Optima based on their commercials. They have "real " testimonials of customers they have helped lower or erase their tax debt.

Nether happened for us. Taxes and penalties keep accruing while we wait for them to work their magic, which took a year and then nothing. We paid 3500 to have them help us. Please I beg you do not get taken in by this company.

Go to a reputable tax person in your area.

They can do the same thing for way less money! Do NOT USE OPTIMA!!!!!!!

Loss:
Pros:
  • App
  • Misrepresented services
  • Appeared to be legit
Cons:
  • Misrepresented services

map-marker Cheyenne, Wyoming

Chris clark lack of communication, I need copies of all the tax years you've submitted on my behalf the last couple years are most important 2020, 2019, I need these to proceed with my divorce I r

i'm a current customer looking for a status update, also with my current program is 2021 included if not how much more to add it

Debra W Yer

Poor aervice

customer seevicI need a phone call back Ive called for 2 weeks now and no returns my call. Ive received a notice from IRS to level my account

Loss:
Pros:
  • Convincing me into doing something for me and my taxes
  • Ads on tv and radio
  • Misrepresented services
Cons:
  • Misrepresentation

User's recommendation: Never

Debra W Yer

They never called back or tried to do anything. They are a fraud of a company and should be sued for stealing people’s money.

map-marker Queens, New York

Optima took my money and no results yet.

I have paid optima over $15,000 to resolve my tax debt which started at $170,000 two years ago and is now over$200,000. Optima has done nothing to resolve my debt other than to tell me that they can do a payment plan with the irs.

I told them i do not need them to negotiate a payment plan which is something i can do, i need them to negotiate a reduction in the amount due . So far they have done nothing to alleviate my debt . They just keep referring my account to a different agent who then ask me for documents previously submitted and its a recurring cycle with no results.

They have yet to indicate what if anything they have done for me other than filing extensions on my tax returns which i did not ask them to do. I feel that i have been subjected to a scam and am contemplating taking legal action.

User's recommendation: stay away from optima

Mitzy Cvj

This is exactly what they did to me. I paid $12000 for them to get started on my case and now 2 1/2 years later my bill with the IRS has increased to over $132,812.00.

No contact with the IRS was ever made other than to say they were my representative agent. I am suing and going to Consumer Affairs.

John S Bpr

Verified Reviewer

Optima Tax Ripped Me Off!

Original review Jun 05, 2021

Hired Optima tax in July 2020 but had been corresponding with them as far back as May 2020. Paid them $7500 over 10 months and they've produced nothing other than file my 2019 Taxes!

They have done NOTHING to negotiate my debt with the IRS nor stop the IRS from continuing to come after me despite OTR telling me differently! OTR also violated their own 'Client Bill of Rights"! I demanded my full refund after being lied to for over a year! Optima Tax Relief was the single biggest mistake I ever made and I'm 57 years old!

It's been over a year, I have been switched to countless *** not one of which gave me ANY full summary or negotiated options they claim they had gotten with the IRS. Moreover, I was STILL receiving certified letters from the IRS demanding payment and now threatening me with a "levy" even though these lying sacks of *** have been telling me that all collection activity had stopped with the IRS months ago because they were "working with them"! Lie after lie after lie! When I demanded they put their options in writing, they refused!

$7500 of money they stole from me and they offered $900 to settle! I will be filing a law suit against the company and every OTR employee!

Loss:
Cons:
  • Misrepresented services
  • Response timing
  • Played games

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: DO NOT EVER USE THIS COMPANY!!!!

Michelle M Ehn

Fraudulent practice

I am paying Optima tax Relief $3,770.00 to resolve my tax issue, but they have not submitted any paperwork on my behalf to the IRS. I am receiving letters from the IRS along with a payment plan I did not agree to.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Appeared to be legit

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

Pamela W Dld

I was scammed by Optima Tax Relief

I paid OTR $2495.00 for nothing. I had to contact them to find out what was the status of my tax situation.

When they finally contacted me they gave me two options, (1) to pay the IRS $190.00 dollars a month or (2) do non collective. This I already knew, I could have worked with the IRS myself. I contacted the Better Business Bureau and Alliance Consumer Business and they either would or could not help me. All I know I've been ripped off.

Ms. Pam

706-955-****

Loss:
Pros:
  • Ads on tv and radio
Cons:
  • Make up stuff to scare you even more
  • Took our money and in almost 2 years
  • Misrepresented services

User's recommendation: Do not deal with Optima Tax Relief..RUN

Kanani W

Verified Reviewer

Optima misrepresented themselves to me.

Optima Tax Relief - Optima misrepresented themselves to me.
Original review Oct 27, 2020

This organization is a scam fueled by a reptilian mindset! They are completely and utterly inept at managing detailed tax returns.

Their ultimate goal is to leave you hanging until every dime is squeezed out of your bank account. Optima can only handle those types of returns that utilize BASIC formats. You remember, the same forms you alone could easily complete to account for part time employment during your high school and/or college years! I am so happy I caught on to their thievery!!!

Throughout the World Wide Web, law abiding citizens have written negative reviews about this questionable organization.

If and when OTR responds, you will get a formula reply promising to help you. Meaning, they use almost the same wording for everybody; paraphrasing themselves repeatedly. Please dont let them fool you! They do practically nothing to resolve your legitimate issues in the manner you desire.

Specifically, in the manner YOU DESERVE!

Optima loves boasting about their Better Business Bureau rating. The BBB states the grading system DOES NOT factor in consumer reviews, complaints or lawsuits no matter how many are lodged against them. At one point OTR garnered over 500 BBB complaints during a three year period; 78% concerning problems with a product and/or service. Less than half closed.

Theres no disclosure, however, as to whether or not both parties resolved the complaint at all or settled it in a fair and satisfying manner.

As many Optima victims have discovered, the IRS can legitimately assist you.

They have the final word and will warn you to AVOID this useless, nefarious institution. Imagine how the Department of the Treasury scrutinizes returns prepared and submitted by Optima!!!

Loss:
Pros:
  • Misrepresented services
Cons:
  • Response timing
  • Misrepresented services
  • Make up stuff to scare you even more

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Stay away from Optima.

Janet B Gro
map-marker Shawnee, Kansas

Lien off my house so I can refinance my house.

I have constantly been calling, no one will return my calls. Ive been told someone will call me back.

Ive emailed, and text but still havent heard from anyone.

I want to refinance my house and I need to get the lien removed.

I need to know what the status of my lien.

I have been sending $50 a month to you. I would expect better customer service.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

Susan C Fbb

Verified Reviewer

They need to be but out of business CROOKS

They draw you in when trying to get $ from you to pay for their services and are not upfront about total cost. It is a waste of money and I regret paying them because they did nothing for me.

I had to call and call and send emails and their response time is horrible. They want to keep switching you from this case member to another. I was unemployment and thought they could get some of my taxes owed eliminated. Call the IRS yourself and work out something with them.

I thought I was the ideal candidate being a widow, made payments to the IRS for 8 years and unemployed.

Their solution accept the tax lien on my home or pay them $266 per month. That means even though I paid the IRS $ I could never get out of debt with them because of penalties the IRS keeps adding.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Misrepresented services

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Call the IRS yourself I paid 2000 to Optima and they did nothing for me