283 views
1.1

We used to Optima to assist us with STATE and Federal audit. Optima was slow to respond to our calls and inquiries.

The misrepresented how they would handle state taxes and file them for us, which ended up with a tax lien against us. After many months of prying information from them with regard to reducing or eliminating our tax bill. The total amount was not reduced at ALL! None of the state taxes were filed and years later we are left to represent ourselves and resolve the same issue we gave $$thousands of dollars to Optima to fix.

This was a total waste of time and money and our new attorneys are looking into taking action against Optima. Be aware people, Optima is not what they saw they are!

Product or Service Mentioned: Optima Tax Relief Tax Resolution.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Optima Tax Relief Pros: Misrepresented services.

Optima Tax Relief Cons: Performance customer satisfaction, Response timing, Solutions offered.

Location: 3100 S Harbor Blvd #250, Santa Ana, CA 92704, USA

Comments

REASONS TO AVOID TAX RELIEF COMPANIES:

The "8 reasons" below are as cited by [REAL] tax professionals @ "WATAX" website; And, you can also see on their website the 91 "tax relief" companies SHUT DOWN because of their scam, unethical, illegal, and poor business practices! !

!

1.] These SCAM ("tax resolution") companies charge ridiculous, HIGH fees - - all to just file IRS forms, and they DON'T RESOLVE ANYTHING FOR YOU! If a "tax resolution" company is going to charge you $3,000+ for "representation", you need to have a KNOWLEDGABLE, RELIABLE & TRUSTWORTHY agent/firm who does an up-front analysis of your tax problem and ACTUALLY provide you a FAIR, FINAL & REALISTIC FEE, not keep charging you with ongoing, outrageous fees - which these "tax resolution" companies will do, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU CAN FILE THE IRS FORMS ON YOUR OWN;

2.] "Tax resolution" companies have a tendency to keep charging you new fees once you've retained their (POOR, MISGUIDED) "service" - basically putting you in a corner with nowhere else to turn since you've already paid them A LOT OF MONEY;

3.] They give (REALLY!) BAD/UNQUALIFIED advice, and many "tax resolution" companies will advise you to do the wrong thing;

4.] They give DISHONEST advice and LIE - - The oldest trick in the tax resolution sales book is to tell someone that they'll qualify for an IRS "Offer in Compromise" ("OIC") to settle a tax debt when they clearly do not qualify & OICs are RARELY GRANTED by the IRS! These companies TV commercials lie & are MISLEADING, SHADY sales pitches; 5.] Their TV ads state misstating urgency and use scare tactics!

Tax resolution companies are sales people and telemarketers who harass those with tax liens, and they're notorious for lying and using false, intimidating scare tactics! Tax relief companies will often manipulate your emotions to make the sale. There's no reason to fake urgency, as an honest tax professional will present all options for you without emotion or scare tactics; 6.] Employee turnover - - Whether big or small, tax resolution companies are notorious for having high employee turnover. As many of the companies are reliant on "salespeople," employees who can't meet sales quotas are fired, so your case will keep getting handed off from representative-to-representative - all to further complicate your IRS situation and keep charging you more (COSTLY!); 7.] Dropping the ball - - Keeping your client out of aggressive collection actions like levies and garnishments requires constant vigilance and a very delicate personal touch.

Large companies are famous for cases falling into the cracks and subsequently, clients getting nailed with levies from the IRS; and 8.] Going out of business - - Running an effective tax resolution business requires a unique blend of great customer service with excellent marketing.

Take one of those two elements away and you're out of business! Again, see "WATAX" website that lists THE 91 TAX SCAM COMPANIES.

#2012833
@Lavance

I also had a horrible experience with Optima. They filed my taxes incorrectly, took nearly 5000.00 and also did not help when my wages were garnished.

When I couldn't make additional payments to them, the would not speak to me and did not respond to any of my emails or calls. I was offered a 700.00 refund which I refused. I, had to call DOR on my own and get levy removed. after nearly a year with Optima, the DOR had never spoken with them nor received any Power of Attorney I had signed.

OTR is a scam to take money from those desperate to resolve their tax issues. They prey on the weak and I feel victimized by their sketchy business practices.

Optima Tax Relief Reviews